(Childcare is offered to your children during the 10:30 service)
*NOTE: Click on the calendar date corresponding to the Sunday you wish to worship with us for any changes in worship time, special events, communion, and or love feast.
December 2018 Worship Services
- 1st Sunday of Advent – Sunday, December 2, 8:00 and 10:30 A.M. We will begin to prepare the way for the Lord into our hearts this season as we focus on the promise of the coming King in our worship and Advent Liturgy. Also, we will welcome new members into our congregation during our worship and afterwards during a special fellowship time of coffee and sugarcake. Please stay behind to offer your welcome to our new brothers and sisters who have joined Schoeneck Moravian Church!
- Advent Candlelight Holy Communion – Sunday, December 2, 4:30 PM Come to this contemplative service, which many find to be the one of the best ways to prepare spiritually for the season. In addition to our organ music, a harpist will be a highlight of the evening giving all the praise to Christ our Lord. Stay for a fellowship meal after the service.
- Christmas Cantata – Sunday, December 9, 10:30 AM The Senior Choir, with participation from all our choirs, will share a Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols. This will be a service of many of the great sacred Christmas carols throughout history which tells the message of Jesus. In addition, we will present our Confirmation Class with Bibles, a gift from our congregation to help them continue to deepen their walk with Jesus. There will be no 8 AM service today.
- Children’s Christmas Program – Sunday, December 16, 8:00 A.M. & 10:30 AM Our 8:00 AM service will be regular worship service. At the 10:30 AM service, our Sunday School children will perform their Christmas program, God With Us.
- Blue Christmas Service – Sunday, December 23, 8 & 10:30 A.M. On this last Sunday of Advent, we will take time to remember our loved ones who have passed away and who we will miss this year as we experience Christmas without them. All will be invited to light a candle in memory of someone they have lost in the last year or years past. Together we will draw near to the Lord, “the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort.” (2 Corinthians 1:3)
- Christmas Eve Lovefeast and Candlelight Services – December 24 ~ 4:00, 6:30, and 8:30 PM We celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ on this holy night. The 4:00 pm service will be a special offering of praise to our Lord by our children, with participation from our Cherub, Junior, and Junior Handbell Choirs. The 6:30 and 8:30 services will be an exaltation of Christ through the music of our Senior and Brass Choirs. The Senior Handbell Choir will make their musical offering at 8:30. All worship services will include special Christmas music, the singing of the ’Morning Star’ solo, and a candlelight service. All Praise to Jesus Christ our King of kings and Lord of lords.
- December 30, 2018 10:30 A.M. On this Sunday, we will worship together for one service at 10:30 A.M.
- New Year’s Eve Lovefeast December 31, 7:00 PM This time of worship offers us an opportunity to reflect upon the blessings and challenges of the year past, and to pray for God’s guidance throughout the year ahead.
Schoeneck Moravian Church 316 N. Broad St. Ext., Nazareth, PA 610-759-0376
Schedule of Special Services 2019